EMERGENCY HOTLINE 911

PUBLIC ADVISORY

PGIN-PESO rolls out stipend, livelihood aid to SPES workers, “Negocarts” beneficiaries

by PGIN-CMO

Oct. 01, 2021 ...

The Provincial Government's Public Employment Service Office (PESO) distributed salaries to the first and second batch of Summer Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) beneficiaries, last September 17.

A total of 113 students and out-of-school youth have received their salaries amounting to P6,400.40 from the 60% share of PGIN. The remaining 40% will be provided by the Department of Labor and Employment.

In addition, another batch of SPES workers will be deployed once again on October 11 for the extended Summer SPES program, in partnership with the Ilocos Norte Tourism Office. They will be having their orientation activity on October 7.

Meanwhile, a total of 33 displaced workers and existing ambulant vendors were granted with a negosyo cart (negocart) amounting to P20,000 and a working capital amounting to P10,000, through the "IN na Negosyo sa Kariton" program of PESO.

"We're encouraging other interested negocart applicants to visit and register at PESO here at the Provincial Capitol for our next batch of beneficiaries," Mrs. Atuan concluded. 


FEATURED LINKS