EMERGENCY HOTLINE 911

PUBLIC ADVISORY

PGIN distributes cash incentives to SPES workers

by PGIN-CMO

Aug. 05, 2021 ...

As part of the province's efforts to recognize the potential of Ilokano youth workers, the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte (PGIN) through the Public Employment Service Office (PESO), distributed salaries to Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) beneficiaries, last week.

A total of 175 beneficiaries from the first batch and 123 from the second batch have received the 60% of their salary from the Provincial Government. The remaining 40% will be provided by the Department of Labor and Employment. Beneficiaries have rendered a 20-day community service and were designated to their respective Local Government Units (LGUs) and some PGIN offices, on May 11 and July 1, respectively.

"Karamihan sa ating mga SPES beneficiaries ay nakatanggap na ng kanilang salary. 'Yong iba kasi, hindi pa makalabas at makapagbiyahe sa kani-kanilang mga barangay o bayan dahil pa rin sa community quarantine. Rest assured na makukuha naman nila agad ang salary nila once na maaari na silang lumabas," PESO Manager Mrs. Anne Marie Lizette B. Atuan explained.

The award-winning SPES Program of the Provincial Government is only one of its employment initiatives that assist students and out-of-school youth to augment their family budget for education and daily needs.


FEATURED LINKS